Flexibind Photobook Gluer
The secret to high gloss layflat binding
A binding machine that creates soft and flexible book backs with total layflat results
What are the applications?
How does it work?
- This machine is an integral part of the Powerbind Photobook Binding System, but can be used independently in hand binding, for example.
- For binding gloss paper, this product must be used in conjunction with the Powerbind Papergrinder.
- Produces the highest quality photobooks with virtually perfect layflat quality.
- Produces the best quality coffee table books.
- Essential for high gloss, super-strong layflat annual reports.
- Anywhere where super high quality binding at fairly low volumes is necessary.
- If coated paper is used, then the coating must first have been removed with the Powerbind Papergrinder. This yields a perfect binding surface for glue.
- The paper is collated into the machine in numeric sequence, taking care to insert a non-stick separator cartridge between very two pages in the book. This creates the desired hinge effect when pages are turned.
- Binding cloth is now inserted into a non-stick at the bottom of the machine.
- The binding cloth is hand-coated with a special highly flexible glue.
- The non-stick surfaces make cleaning up very quick and easy once the glue has dried. Simply peel the glue off and re-use.
- The collaged book block is now lowered into the glue.
- A special mechanism in the machine ensures that the pages are perfectly coated at a very precise depth. This is a preset design that never changes and remains effective regardless of the paper or thickness of the book.
- The book block is now ready for casing in, using any case-making solution, but preferably the Powerbind Execu Casemaker.
- If a flexible glue is used, the result is unprecedented 180 degree layflat books with oft and supple backs that page effortlessly.
- Accomodates a wide range of papers from 100gsm upwards.
- Remember that one separator cartridge will be required for every two page leaves in the book.
Can it be used with regular binding machines?
- This machine is intended to work with the doublebinding and fanbinding processes.
- It will therefore also be well-suited for books that are hand-bound with PVA glue.
- It will not work where cutting into the spine is required, such as perfect binding.
- Perfect for the highest quality in the market, at low volumes.
- Provides a binding solution that is easy enough to use and afford for first time entrants into the market.
- Perfect for big industrial users who occasionally have to manufacture small numbers of niche market products of superlative quality.
- Powerbind's signature robust construction and high quality.
- Extremely versatile - handles a wide range of papers.
- Requires no scheduled maintenance, except for periodic replacement of scoring rollers.
- Parts are shipped worldwide.
- Very portable.
- Small footprint.
- Very low price.
- Requires no electricity.
- Quick and easy to clean.
How can we help you?