The long-awaited solution for binding high gloss, coated paper
A quick and simple solution to binding high gloss paper that cannot be bound with regular binding methods.
What are the applications?
How does it work?
- This machine is an integral part of the Powerbind Photobook Binding System, but can be used independently in hand binding, for example.
- Produces the highest quality photobooks with virtually perfect layflat quality.
- Produces the best quality coffee table books.
- Essential for high gloss, super-strong layflat annual reports.
- Anywhere where super high quality binding at fairly low volumes is necessary.
- A mechanical grinding process removes the outer coating on both sides of every page in a book.
- The pages are fed one at a time by hand.
- All coatings such as ink, clay, UV coating and fuser oils are removed evenly to an absolutely controlled depth.
- Only a 0.5mm strip of paper is thus exposed on the binding section.
- Pages can now be glued using standard hotmelt EVA glue or PVA.
- If a flexible glue is used, the result is unprecedented 180 degree layflat books with oft and supple backs that page effortlessly.
- Accomodates a wide range of papers from 100gsm upwards.
Can it be used with regular binding machines?
This machine is intended to work with the doublebinding and fanbinding processes. It will therefore also be well-suited for books that are hand-bound with PVA glue. It will not work where cutting into the spine is required, such as perfect binding.
- Powerbind's signature robust construction and high quality.
- Extremely versatile - handles a wide range of papers.
- Requires no scheduled maintenance, except for periodic replacement of scoring rollers.
- Parts are available worldwide.
- Very portable.
- Small footprint.
- Very low price.
How can we help you?